Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Welcome/LET'S DO THIS

Hi there. I’m Erin, which you probably already figured out from the title. Welcome to this blog/journal/diary of pain that is training for a marathon. This will be my second time running the Chicago Marathon, but this year I have a goal besides just finishing and not dieing. It’s my goal to run all 26.2 miles in under 4 hours.


A bit of background: I guess you could say I became a runner at the end of my freshman year of college. Despite having only run about 2 miles previously, I boldly (stupidly) signed up for a half marathon. I found a training plan and hit the trail (college town sidewalks). Along the way, I got shin splints, hundreds of blisters, and multiple sunburns, but I also gained a new-found sense of self confidence and accomplishment. A way to exercise any and all demons, stress, and negative vibes. I was hooked.


While I certainly ‘heart running,’ I also ‘heart’ a lot of other things; yoga, (mostly) healthful eating, this beautiful city of Chicago, oh and french fries. I really heart french fries. Annnnyyyway, I want this blog to be a record of my struggles and accomplishments in my goal to live a healthy, happy life through running (cheesy, I know, just get over it).


So, I hope you’ll stick around as I document/whine/annoyingly gush about running and a few of my favorite things.


Let’s do this!!


Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment