Wednesday, June 26, 2013

2 Weeks Down, Only 14 to go....

Well, coming off a less than impressive week one long run, I assumed the only place to go was up. Turns out I was wrong. While pleasantly cloudy, the weather at 6:30 could only be described as soup like.

Once again, I'm disappointed in my myself. I know that my mind is SO much stronger than it's been leading me to believe in these last two weeks. I'm not sure if it was the humidity, that I'm still getting used to running without music, holding conversations while running, or if the pace is just too fast, but this long run was, again, a serious struggle. To my credit, I ran the whole time, 9 miles, 9:00 pace, but the last mile was brutal. I'd like to chalk it up to the extreme humidity that my body just isn't used to yet, but  like I said, I just can't help but be disappointed and slightly embarrassed. My fellow runners were BEYOND amazing, cheering me on, telling me to just take it one step at a time. But ultimately, my hips and IT band felt like they were surely going to explode and they won, keeping me from running up the hill yet again. Though, I suppose I can be proud of the fact that I did not stop until the hill even though my mind was trying so hard to convince me to stop. Also, real talk: attack of the chafing has already begun. It's gonna be a long summer...

This isn't the first awful run I've had, and it surely won't be the last, but dammit if won't
it use it as fuel to work that much harder this week. Most importantly,
I know I'll have another truly great, life-changingly awesome run again soon, and all this will be a distant memory.

2 weeks down, only 14 to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment